It is still winter in Ohio. Please, please Mother Nature, can it be spring now?
I spent most of the weekend at my parents' house, eating lots of food, playing scrabble, and watching movies. Unfortunately, I didn't get any homework done and I didn't write any poems. So once again, I wake up on Monday morning feeling swamped. But then, I thrive on pressure, so the truth is I'm not complaining at all. Except about the weather.
Quick updates--the open mic on Thursday was tons of fun. We had a lot of funny poetry that night...for example, a terribly inappropriate ode to Maya Angelou that included the line "Oh, me so horny." I read my two new prose poems and everyone thought they were about the same person, which got me thinking...persona? We'll see.
Friday night I got to Mary's reading with CP a little late, but just in time to hear about St. Monica. The reception at Steve's house after was probably the high-light of my week. Almost all my favorite MFA peeps were there.
Two more rejection letters this past week. I'm crossing my fingers for some good news soon.
Well, time to get ready for school. I'm collecting rough drafts today and doing peer groups. It should go pretty quickly, and then I get to spend the rest of the day cramming.
I haven't done my taxes yet... crap.
the anxieties of blue skies
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment