Thursday, April 26, 2007

April Showers

If you read Puddlecuff's blog yesterday, you know it's been raining in Akron. I actually love the spring rain, so for once I'm not complaining about the weather. I am feeling hopeful, anxious, ready for summer.

Oh, and guess what...my paper is done, see:



There is a light at the end of the tunnel after all.

On another happy note, my class is getting much better. I still have 23 on my roster, but most days I have about 12 in class. They're trying harder and participating more, so I can't complain. Maybe I've got this teaching stuff down after all.

My students are either the most creative or the most unlucky when it comes to absences. They've had a myriad of health problems, a father with cancer, a grandmother who passed away, a baby (I know that one's legit), car accidents, and a bar fight that ended in a trip to the emergency room and a concussion. I hope they don't rub off on me--I don't need any more run-ins with the demonic little league team. Anybody have creative/unlucky students this semester?

2 comments:

marybid said...

*blush* I am so puddlecuffy lately!

Good luck with those stinkin' students! One thing I really like about having almost all grads.

Sara said...

It's the curse of being short, Mary. We're all a little puddlecuffy these days.

And don't even mention my frizz-ball hair.