Last night, I played poker until 4 am with some of the guys from the English department. This is weird for several reasons, but mostly because I don't usually play poker (especially for real money) and because at 10:30 I was sitting at home, watching Law & Order, and ready to go to bed. I'm glad I went, but today is all screwed up because I slept til 11 again. Oh, and I actually won $10 (which means I was only down $10 for the night! Sweet!)
Unfortunately, I still haven't had time to go look for a job, and I still haven't finished moving and cleaning out my old apartment. (I've still got almost 2 weeks, but I want it crossed off my to do list.) Adding another "ugh" to the list, I have to go have some blood work done tomorrow and since I have crappy individual insurance, I'm pretty much paying for it myself. Plus, I'm hugely afraid of needles, especially the ones that suck stuff out of me. I have the strangest reaction to having my blood drawn--I bawl my eyes out. I don't pass out or anything like that, I just start crying uncontrolably. I really hope that I don't have that reaction tomorrow.
In happier news, I made London Broil on the grill yesterday. Did you notice I said "on the grill?" As in, I don't live in a tiny 3rd floor apartment anymore and I actually have a grill. Oh, and I've done 4 loads of laundry since I lived here, and you know what? I didn't have to use any quarters to do it. Despite my overall sense of frazzledness, I'm really glad I went through with this move.
the anxieties of blue skies
1 week ago
2 comments:
Don't be scared. Just breathe deep and look away. If you go to a good lab, you'll barely feel it, I promise :)
In other news, I'm glad you're all moved in - congrats!
Thanks Jeannine! It wasn't as bad as I remember!
Post a Comment