Monday, May 14, 2007

Adjusting

So, I've been in the new place for 2 days, and so far, things are pretty good, but there's a lot of adjusting to do. The only real problem up to this point has been reminding my nephew to close the bathroom door when he pees. I think there's something in all men that makes them naturally exhibitionist.

I'm having trouble getting used to being on break, too. I guess that's not exactly right. I'm having trouble keeping myself motivated because I am on break. Last summer, I didn't work, so I could do what I wanted, when I wanted. I can feel myself trying to get into that frame of mind again, and I have to keep reminding myself that I need to get a job. That's what tomorrow is for. Today, I'm going to call the cable company and set up an appointment, pay some bills, and then go hang out with some friends to celebrate the end of the semester.

I'm hoping for a poetry filled summer. I've got a workshop two nights a week from June-August, and the Bisbee workshop at the end of July, so it shouldn't be difficult to get a lot of work done. Plus, there's thesis meetings on Mary's back porch. I'd really love to have my thesis pretty much complete when the fall semester begins, so I can just focus on tightening, revision, and ordering during my final semester (FINAL semester! OMG!) (Did I just type OMG? I did.)

Well, enough procrastinating. I'm about to sit on hold with Time Warner for 47 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not good with summer break. (I am an undergrad student with one more year to go). I would love to get a job, but I already have one...she's 2. But other than that, if I don't have structured appointments and deadlines, and get to see people every day, I get really depressed. So, I'm really a nerd, who can't wait for the fall semester to begin.