The semester is officially over for me today. I sat in my office from 10-2 waiting for students to pick up their portfolios, but only four of them showed up. The worst part? The student who asked me to come at 10 didn't show. I could have slept in.
I sent some poems out today. Well, printed them out and put them in envelopes, but I'm confused about the postage increase and didn't have time to go to the post office, so that'll happen tomorrow. But I did send out some email subs. I suppose it'll be November before I hear back on most of them anyhow, but I wrote so much this semester I had to get them into rotation.
I can't seem to motivate myself to continue packing. Didn't get anything done yesterday evening and haven't done anything yet today. Moving isn't fun. Why have I done it 12 times in the last 8 years? Yes, 12 times. This apartment is the only one I've been in for over a year since I moved out of my parents' house in 99. I can't even imagine what it is like to buy a home and settle in. I don't even throw out boxes after I move, because I know I'll need them again. I hope I stay still for a couple years this time. I guess that depends on whether or not I decide to do a phd.
I want a cigarette. I've only had 2 today and would have to go to the store to have one now. I'll let you know tomorrow what I decide to do.
the anxieties of blue skies
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment