Holy Crap. Week 4 is half-way over. My thesis is due a month from today. I seem to have lost the ability to complete anything on time. I have shit-tons of poems to get in the mail, but it is taking me for-freaking-ever to get myself organized and ready to print.
On the upside? I wrote a new Donny poem today. And I am in a remarkably good mood.
I need a day off. A real day off. Where I don't have a to-do list and I allow myself to chill out without feeling guilty. I think it will be well into November before I get one.
Aahhh, the life of an academic. What am I signing myself up for?
I think I'm going to go outside, enjoy what may be one of the last warm nights of the year, and read Baptist Confidential by Thomas Dukes. (Oh, how I love knowing people who write books. I said, "Dr. Dukes, I heard your book came out." and he said, "Yes, let me go get you a copy." )
the anxieties of blue skies
1 week ago
2 comments:
I hate to say, this Sarah, but you remind me in many ways of someone I know really well. You know who I mean. Anyway, this person is (and I suspect you are) always getting things done. Always after it. This is a good thing, of course, but it makes it hard when it comes time to take a day off.
Hopefully you can take a day off, but I'll bet you find a million things to do.
I think, Frank, that being like that someone is a tremendous compliment. But you're right, I don't think my day off will ever really exist.
Post a Comment