Wow. This week is flying by...and I am not getting anything done! Not good.
I'm going to be meeting Kate Greenstreet in a few minutes, though, and that's cool. Have you read her book yet? It's mysterious and fragmentary and fun to read.
After that, it's off to Crave. Way classier than the usual Wednesday night destination, Pints.
**
11p.m. update
Just got home from dinner and drinks with Mary, the First Books crew, and the Greenstreets. What a great night. I needed it. Haven't been feeling myself lately.
Part of the problem? Mom and Dad are out of town. This is really pathetic and slightly embarrasing to admit, but when I don't see my parents on a regular basis, I get totally out of whack. I can't explain why. My mother just centers me. She's gotten the tough love/unconditional support balance down cold. Makes me realize when I'm not living right, helps me sort things out. I'm glad they're traveling and having a good time, but the next 2-3 weeks will be long.
Thankfully, Uncle A (not really my uncle) could tell I needed a hug.
Tomorrow, I need to be super focused. If I don't spend a day tackling my to-do list soon, it will bury me! Sometimes it sucks being a procrastinator. it's so hard to get things done when the deadlines are 3-4 weeks away.
Poem: Far Gone
2 days ago
1 comment:
There's another book on my to-read shelf.
Post a Comment