Uh-oh. Last Friday, I was all caught up, so I kind of took the weekend off. (You may have noticed that from my previous posts.) So far this week, I have not done a very good job of staying caught up or building back my momentum. Yesterday, I did two loads of laundry and graded about five papers, but didn't get to cross much else off my to do list. I did get to see the folks, though, and that was a very good thing.
Today will be busy. I still have to write a poem with a foreign language, a musical instrument, and some sort of romance. I also have to finalize my lesson plan (which includes reading Philip Levine's "What Work Is" and discussing how he uses description to analyze the situation ...exactly what I'm trying to teach my students to do in their second essay). Once those things are done, well, it's hard to say what to pick up next. Next week's homework or the GRE study guide? Work on my thesis or grade papers? Research PhD programs or BOR submissions? I have very little planned for the rest of the week, so hopefully there will be time for all of it. But for some reason, I don't think there will be.
Yesterday it was almost 90 degrees, but today feels like fall. I keep saying, "this may be the last warm day of the year," and then it gets warmer. I guess that's good. If summer keeps holding on, does that mean winter will be shorter? Ha! I've lived in Ohio long enough to know that winter is always 6 months long! If it doesn't start until January, it'll still be cold in June. (Allright, there may be a slight hyperbole in that last sentence, but it feels like six months!)
Hey, did you hear? There's a new list of contributors up at the Barn Owl Review blog.
Poem: Far Gone
3 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment