All that emotional instability and sleepy-ness last week was the beginning of a nasty cold. Why didn't I see it coming?
Between cold-medicine induced naps, I've been reading this. I wish I would have read it at the beginning of my MFA instead of at the end. Some of the essays are over 30 years old, but they seem to capture (from what I've read so far) an interesting transition in poetry. More on that after I've finished reading.
The first week and a half or so of break rushed by. Hopefully I can get some work done now that the holidays are over.
Poem: Far Gone
2 days ago
4 comments:
that looks like a really useful book. i'm reading "the art of the personal essay" which is a kind of enormous survey of essays from 400 or so on. it's overwhelming but gives me a good context. required reading, i think. so far...
Oh no, another book to add to the list. I'll never get through all of them!
Sara, the editor of the book you're reading, Marty Lammon, was a school-mate of mine when we were undergrads. I believe I was the "wild animal" and he was the serious, academic poet. Still is.
Ha! Amy, that's awesome. I'd rather be a wild animal...
Post a Comment