Tuesday, March 25, 2008

And Now She Waits

I just spent the last 48 hours begging for money. Okay...not exactly. But writing fellowship and assistantship applications. It's not that fun to sell yourself, you know? Although going through the process (especially with the application I just finished) reminded me of all the awesome stuff I've done with the last 6 years and how much I learned in my HR days, even though sometimes it was tedious.

And now I wait. Hopefully I only wait a couple weeks. I'd really, really like to have a plan by April 15, but I don't see that happening. The crazy thing is that one of the assistantships I applied for has a start date of May 19, which means that I could be moving in less than 2 months. Let's not even think about that right now.

Next week, I visit Chicago.

This is one crazy beautiful life. Who'da thought I'd be here? I've been rushing around so much, worrying so much, pulling down my hat and sticking my hands in my pockets and trying to ignore the cold, that I haven't stopped to appreciate how happy I am, despite (or because of?) the stress. It's all good. I forget that too often.

Mary (and the rest of the Akron crew), you better buck up, because I'm gonna need a drinking buddy tomorrow. To celebrate the finishing of the app-writing, you know? To celebrate the waiting.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

Good luck.