It's snowing today, a lot, and all the local schools are closed. I get why the colleges didn't close for the cold, bitter temperatures, but I don't understand why they aren't closed for the rapidly falling snow, and as far as I can tell, the roads aren't getting plowed. Some of Kent State's regional campuses are closed, but not the main campus, where my class is. Still, I think I'm going to skip (my first missed class in two or three semesters) because I have an irrational fear of driving in bad weather.
I went downstairs with a basket full of laundry, but all the machines were full. Clearly I live with some folks who did get a snow day today, because usually on week day mornings, the laundry room is empty.
Oh, and you may be wondering about my frequent posting after my claim that my to-do list was devouring my life. Well, let's just say I was over-reacting. I hunkered down on Sunday and barreled through that list. Now I'm only feeling nominally overwhelmed, which leaves plenty of time for blogging.
Still crossing my fingers for a last-minute class cancellation.
Poem: Far Gone
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment