Feeling inexplicably sad this morning. My weeked was filled with friends and fun so maybe I'm just having a little withdrawl. This is the first morning I've gotten up alone since Friday--Thursday and Friday nights I had friends sleep over and Saturday night I stayed at a friend's. I've lived alone for a long time, so I'm not used to company in the morning, but this morning, it just feels too quiet, too empty in here. Maybe now is the time for a roommate. My nephew and I have been tentatively talking about getting a place together. Not sure yet if I want to give up my privacy.
Also, even though the sun is out this morning, every time I look out and see the snow drifts I get a little depressed. At least there's only 9 days til I leave for AWP.
This week is going to be busy and probably not all that productive. I have student conferences Wed, Thurs, & Fri, Mona's open mic on Wednesday night, and Friday-Sunday is dedicated to being the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding. I guess that means today I have to try to get all my homework done so that tomorrow I can clean and do laundry. Fun!
Next week, before AWP, I have to take a midterm in CAWP. A midterm! I thought you didn't get those in grad school. I don't think I remember how to study.
Watching Dead Poets Society in my comp class this week. At least I don't have to write any class plans.
the anxieties of blue skies
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment