Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I consider myself

memed. This is going to be tough. Here are the rules:

Say someone asked me, "I kind of like poetry, but I don't know anything about contemporary poetry. Who should I read?"

No personal friends, mentors, or blogroll buddies are eligible, sorry.

  1. Joy Harjo
  2. Rita Dove
  3. Sharon Olds
  4. Philip Levine
  5. Li-Young Lee
  6. Kim Addonizio
  7. Denise Levertov
  8. Michael Ondaatje
  9. Louise Gluck
  10. Denise Duhamel
  11. Afaa Michael Weaver
  12. Eve Alexander
  13. Charles Bukowski

I'm not following the living poet rule...but since I memed myself, I don't have to follow all the rules, do I?

***

In other news...I printed and ordered my thesis and made a table of contents. I have a manuscript!!

4 comments:

Steven D. Schroeder said...

Well hell, I made up almost all of those rules just for myself. You probably could have ignored them all. :-)

Sara said...

Well...if I didn't follow the rules it would have been too easy. This way, I had to think a little bit.

Brandi said...

Congrats on the manuscript! It's a good feeling, no? ;)

Sara said...

You should have seen me bouncing around the English department, showing everyone who would give the tiniest little bit of enthusiasm with me. It was amazing!