Yesterday, there was a reading/graduation ceremony for the first class of the NEOMFA. Congrats Jessica! Also congrats to Lea, Jill, and Satya. Next semester, it will be me! Woo hoo!
After the ceremony, a few of us did a little cinco de mayo celebrating. It was fun, see:
Waiting for a table
Margarita silliness
***
In non-NEOMFA news, welcome to blogland Joanna!
And look at my sister's cute puppy!
***
I graded portfolios on Friday. There are a bunch of A's, a bunch of F's, and just three or four grades in between. I'm wondering what that says about my teaching/grading style. Seems like there should be more in the middle. Bell-curve and all. But then, I let my students do unlimited revisions, so if they care about their grade at all, they usually do them. I dunno.
***
One more thing. I need a new name for my blog. Any suggestions?
4 comments:
I don't think the bell curve really applies to colleges. College students tend to be the somewhat selected, screened, etc. I think your stats sound just about right...there will always be those slackers who get the F and it only reflects their lack of effort. One of my professors told me there are only A and B students in college. (not including those slackers).
Thanks Sara!
A new blog name, hugh? Hmmm…I like the one you already have, but if you wish to change it, I would maybe suggest looking at some of your poems for ideas. Titles? First lines? Do a little cutting and pasting and see what you come up with. I’ll let you know if I have any ideas. Good luck!
Thanks Sara. And thank you a million for coming to the reading. It was so nice to see familiar faces in the big, scary dean-infested audience :)
Talia - U of Akron is an open enrollment university, so if you have a pulse, you can sign up for classes. That being said, you're probably right about the rest of it. : )
Jessica - You are welcome! You were truly the highlight of the reading for me. You did great!
Post a Comment