It's a soggy morning in Akron. In more ways than one.
I've always had this problem where the only way I am able to express negative emotions is by crying. Whether I'm angry, frustrated, stressed out, embarrased, or sad, I cry. This has perplexed my family, friends, and especially ex-boyfriends all my life. This morning it befuddled Nephew/Roommate, although I don't know why because he's been on the recieving end of my crying jags more than most people in my life. Once it was over whether or not to put vanilla in our french toast batter. Once it was because he wasn't playing with my barbies the way I wanted him to. (He was the only boy in the family until he was 10. He didn't have a choice.)
I knew it was coming. I've been feeling like my insides were trying to explode for about a week. I'm glad it happened over a stupid roommate squabble instead of a stressful situation at work. That's always embarrassing. Hard for people to take you seriously when you're weeping, you know.
Anyhow, I got it out of my system and I'm better now.
Any other cry-ers out there?
*
Oh, and say hello to Jen, the newest NEOMFA blogger. Jen, I'm so glad you're blogging!
Poem: Far Gone
2 days ago
4 comments:
Are you kidding? I cry constantly. Happy or sad. Tired or not. I cry especially on the bus going to work.
Aw. I'm glad I'm not the only one!
I used to be a horrible cryer, but I've hardened a bit over the last few years, although I don't know how I managed to do that. I think part of it is that I no longer work in a stressful job that I loathe. I still have stress, but not from working a crappy office job, or something like that.
cried today in goodwill because some lady was slapping her kid's hand. the kid was a brat and probably deserved it, but the whole thing set me off. so i bought a book bag with butterflies on it. i'll bring it to class tomorrow. maybe you need butterflies to cheer you up, huh amy?
Post a Comment