Thursday, October 18, 2007

What goes up must come down

I've been carrying my camera everywhere for the last week or so, hoping to get some good October weather pictures. Instead, I got this. The building was a frat house on campus. I wonder where the frat boys are going to live now.

*

Oh, did I forget to mention that I finished my thesis today? That I turned it in to my committee and to the graduate school for format checking? Yep, I did. It's done.

Wow.

My brain is completely shot. How on earth am I going to take the GRE on Tuesday?





8 comments:

marybid said...

Sara, I almost shot that today (but bumped into a student and got distracted). Nice pic!

Many kudos on a fantastic thesis.

Justin Evans said...

Congatulations on finishing your thesis!

I am certain you will do just fine on your GRE. You are pretty sharp that way.

Adam Deutsch said...

Finishing the thesis feels nice.

Is it the regular GRE or the Lit GRE? I walked out of the latter cackling with an empty skull.

Sara said...

Adam, I'm taking both. General test next week and lit the first week in November. Sometimes I cry a little when I think about it.

Everyone, thanks!

marybid said...

Sara, you'll rip both GREs a new one (if that's logistically possible...).

The subject test was one of the most fun moments of my 23 year old life, back when I took it. If it wasn't so expensive I'd take it again now, to see if the Ph.D. helped at all.

Sara said...

Next you're going to tell me taking the comps is fun. Sometimes, I think our definition of that word is very different. : )

marybid said...

Sara, comps sucked, royally. Even if the power hadn't gone out two hours into my third day, they would've sucked. The worst part was all of the pre-comp anxiety. I actually moped around in sweats and pajama pants and washed my hair even less frequently for like two weeks beforehand.

Defending the comps and the diss sucked too. But that might have just been me...

mydisguises said...

i think those frat boys went back under the rock they came from!