Tuesday, October 09, 2007

So far... (warning, whiny blog ahead)

So far today, I've:

  • studied for the GRE for 2 hours
  • walked Rubi
  • gone to the grocery store
  • made dinner
  • made a bunch of annoying but necessary phone calls
  • answered my email
  • started reading The Visible World for next Monday's class

I think that should be enough for one day, don't you? I mean, I started studying for the GRE at 9, and it's 5. So I put in a full day. But here's where life starts to suck. I looked at the to do list I wrote for myself this morning, and I don't get to cross much off. I'm still supposed to:

  • do laundry
  • finish commenting on students' rough drafts
  • review class plans for tomorrow (The Boss is observing me)
  • write poem for Mary's class
  • review presentation materials for Mary's class (I'm co-leading a discussion on Corn Shake's Miracle Fruit)
  • research PhD programs
  • start AWP pedagogy paper

Granted, this list doesn't have to get finished today. I mean, even the stuff that's due tomorrow isn't urgent, since I don't teach until 1p.m. and I have a 3 hour break between teaching and Mary's class. But if I don't keep plowing ahead, I'll start to feel guilty, and when I feel guilty, I get nothing done. I just mope.

Wait, I'm already moping.

P.S. I just looked up mope in the dictionary because it looked weird, and here's what it says: to be gloomy and apathetic. I had no idea how appropriate that word is.

1 comment:

marybid said...

Psst---we're totally doing a goofy group work thang in class tomorrow, so don't overprepare for that. It's going to be a blast!