Friday, October 12, 2007

Much ado about nothing.

Some good news here and upsetting news here.
*
Yesterday was my dad's birthday. He's 69. Happy birthday, Pops. This picture was taken by one of my sisters a few years ago. It was Christmas Eve and all the extended family had just left. This was before the lung transplant, so my mom was totally exhausted from hosting the party. My dad's at his best when he's taking care of someone, especially Mom.


*
I have a lot to do this weekend. Pedagogy paper, Winter Wheat presentation, formatting my thesis and trying to get the last few poems out of my head and on to paper, and studying for the GRE are the big ones. So many little things, too. That's okay. Life feels full right now.

2 comments:

mydisguises said...

what a very sweet photograph.

Sara said...

I think so too, but then, I'm a little partial. : )