Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Treats

I woke up today to find out that UA is closed. Sweet! Only problem is I had 8 hours of conferences scheduled and I am not about to reschedule them. I guess I'll make them optional.

*

Saturday is the first official Barn Owl Review reading and release party. Here are the details:

Please join editors, contributors, and fans of Barn Owl Review Saturday, March 1st, for our official Cleveland release party and reading. BOR Editors-in-Chief Mary Biddinger and Jay Robinson will read with Emily Anderson (of Warbler fame), Michelle Krivanek, and Kate Sopko. Bela Dubby's is a fabulous venue, with art, coffee, and beers galore.

Saturday, March 1st
Bela Dubby's
13321 Madison Ave.
Lakewood, OH 44107


Reading starts at 9:30 pm, but swing by earlier for beer and camaraderie.

*

Speaking of BOR, my definition of "soon" and others' definition may be slightly different, but my goal is to get in touch with my interview volunteers today.

*

I'm imagining life in Chicago. I'm sure I'll get mugged in the first week. Country Bumpkin, what can I say? Still waiting for 3 more, though.

*

There was no PhD news in the mailbox yesterday, but I did get my first issue of Prairie Schooner and Paul Guest's Notes for My Body Double. I totally forgot I ordered them, so it was a nice surprise. Also in the mail yesterday: a reimbursement check from the insurance company for when I had my car towed. So, getting the mail may not have been exciting, but it was good.

*

Hey, check that out: a post with no whining. Go, me!

3 comments:

Karen J. Weyant said...

I took your dare. Stop by my blog and see my rather fuzzy and grainy picture!

Have a nice day off. JCC will not cancel classes unless there is a war in Western New York.

marybid said...

I'll, like, totally do Chicago boot camp with you beforehand, if necessary. I'll make you a t-shirt that says: Mary Biddinger Will Kick Your Ass If You Mess With Me, too. ;)

I think you need to give yourself more credit. You're a streetwise and savvy gal, after all.

Sara said...

Thanks for playing along, Karen. And good luck hoofing it through the snow.

Mary, I need that tee-shirt, even if I don't go to Chicago! We should add it to the Barn Owl merchandise. And I'm only half-serious about the mugging. I just won't go out after dark. ;-)