Saturday, October 06, 2007

Saturday Snapshots

Had a thesis meeting with Mary today. I asked her what she thought my book cover should look like (b/c there will be a book someday!), and we were both thinking black and white with lots of weeds. She thought little girl and broken down barn. I don't have any little girls around these days, but I do know a couple of barns. (Hmm, maybe Mary has a little girl I could borrow...) I started wandering around my folks' place with my camera and here's what I ended up with:

Of course, I don't think I'm vain enough to use my own photograph for my book-cover-to-be, but I was feeling inspired. Here's a few more (not future book covers):



7 comments:

mydisguises said...

what a lovely kid. can i borrow him?

Sara said...

I think everyone should have their own Philip...the kid you go for a walk with or play with for a couple of hours and then send back to Mom or Grandma when he starts getting cranky (or when you start getting cranky!) I'm not sure I want to be a Mom but few things make me happier than hanging out with Philip. Sorry, I can't share. : )

marybid said...

Okay, those pics are just too cute!

I can certainly provide a wee lass for your cover pic (especially if you're hoping for one that's scowling).

Anonymous said...

I'd vote for something a little more radical...say a little kid holding a balloon up to a monster. That was one of my tattoo ideas. Never came to fuition. That way, you can have the little girl, AND the mysterious subject matter! It's perfect. Isn't it good that I agree with myself?

Sara said...

Umm, Jay, there aren't any monsters in my thesis. But maybe for your book... : )

Brandi said...

Sara! I have the best photographer for you... go to http://www.handmaid.org. It's the same photographer that did Kristy Bowen's book and she has several girl/barn photos that I almost used for mine. The sight is a pain in the butt to navigate, click on pictures and all these dots show up. The one I like most is in the last row of the second group of dots: Girl, January 2006, 07. Hope you like!

Sara said...

Brandi! Those photos are awesome. Almost-exactly (an oxymoron, I know) what I was picturing! Thanks so much.