Sunday, June 24, 2007

Family

Since they're someday going to be famous because of my poems about them, here are some pics of my family. The first one is Mom and Dad. The second one is me and my sisters, minus one.






My mom almost called the cops on me yesterday... she asked me to drive from my sister's house to her house (about five miles) to get something she forgot. 45 minutes later, when I wasn't back and didn't answer my cell, Mom started to panic. Sent one of my brother-in-laws out to find me, thinking he would see me in a ditch somewhere.

The thing is, I stopped to visit Shelly, my first boss. She lives right across the street from my parents and I always say how I should go see her, but then I never do. I did yesterday. Wow, that was weird. I started working for Shelly when I was 14. She had just opened up her dog kennel and grooming business and I was her first employee. For the next 3 summers, I walked dogs, cleaned up poop, started learning how to groom and train. I think she wanted me to work there forever and be her apprentice, but I had more important things to do...like writing angst filled poems and working somewhere that didn't involve poop. Anyhow, it's been about five years since I've seen Shelly and even longer since I've wandered around the kennel and meeting her 47 dogs (okay, that's a hyperbole, but it is well over 10). Brought a lot of memories back. Made me wish I had a dog. (but glad I don't own 15!)

1 comment:

marybid said...

Sara, it's great "meeting" this family that I already know so well. ;) I did a total double-take with the sisters pic. Thanks for posting!