Monday, June 04, 2007

Just another manic Monday

Thanks to everyone who responded to my anxious post yesterday. Sadly, once I get myself wound up about something, no amount of pep-talking or rational advice will help. I just have to let my brain chew it up for a while and eventually I will be ready to let it go.

In my mopeyness yesterday, my sister and brother-in-law were also trying to pep-talk me out of my funk, but all they accomplished was helping me feel even more confused about whether or not I want a PhD. They were like "duh, you love being a student." and I was like, "but only when I don't have to write papers," and "I don't want to take the comps" and they were like "shut up and go." Obviously this is the condensed version of the conversation, but that really was the gist of it. Sounds like common sense when they say it, but I still can't make up my mind.

Got another rejection last night. Sigh.

The job didn't suck so much today, though. And I think I only hung up on two people. Even more pleasantly surprising is that I'm enjoying my commute. Mostly because I like several of the new songs that are getting played on all the radio stations I listen to so I've been cranking it up and singing along. I'm especially a big fan of this one

No comments: