Went to the Irish Festival downtown last night. (Down town Cuyahoga Falls, that is.) Didn't eat any food though, because I had just been to my mom and dad's for dinner. Kinda sad to go to a festival and not eat a gyro or a stromboli, but that's life I guess. After, I hung out with Jay and the guys from the band. That was fun too.
The job is getting to be less stressful, now that I know everyone's name and have figured out mostly how to transfer calls without hanging up on anyone. I don't know why that's so difficult to do!
The first of two summer workshops starts Tuesday. I am really, really looking forward to it. Some of my favorite people are in the class and I have a bunch of new/revised work that needs comments. I find that I am a little workshop dependent...I can do first drafts, even some revision on my own, but I can't call a poem done until I get at least 3 or 4 sets of comments on it. Someday I'll have to learn to trust my gut, but until then, I'm all about the workshop.
One of my nephews graduated from Black River high school yesterday. Black River is a district way out in the middle of no where (worse even than where I grew up) and my mom said that at least seven or eight guys in the graduating class drove tractors to the ceremony. People used to make fun of my high school and say that we drove tractors to school, but I never saw anyone actually do it. But I guess at Black River, it's the thing to do. (Anybody else hear "you might be a redneck"?)
Poem: Far Gone
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment