Well. Seems my social life is sucking this summer. Here I am at home on a Saturday at 8:30. Whatever. All the mopey lonliness is good for an artist, right? I'm really not mopey, and totally okay with being at home because this week was a rough one. It's good to have some alone time. But it would be better if I had turned down some sort of invitation to stay in and play around on-line.
Thanks to Steve's awesome database, I've spent the last several hours planning out my next submission binge. 20 journals, 22 poems. The math on that is a little iffy, but I think I worked it out. Wouldn't that be great if each journal took one poem? Does anyone get that lucky?
I'm back on the PhD bandwagon, but perched right on the edge so I can jump off at the first sign of trouble. Just one problem. My recent indecisiveness has put me a little behind on the planning of it all. If I want to start Fall 08, I've got alot of work to do in the next five months. If I don't want to start until Fall 09, I have to figure out what to do and how to pay my bills for a year and a half. Also weighing on my decision is the fact that my nephew/roomie just decided to change his plans for the next couple of years. Originally, he was supposed to be taking classes one semester and doing a co-op the other for the next 2 academic years, but he's recently decided to skip the co-ops and graduate next August. Which means he's more than likely going to be leaving the Akron area a year sooner than anticipated.
My mother likes to remind me not to stress out about things that are too far in the future to deal with, but I've never been good at that.
Okay. It's time to get back to those submissions. Over half of the journals accept email submissions which means I don't have to worry about going to the post office right away.
*Update, 11p.m.
Weird...I just got an acceptance letter less than 30 minutes after sending a submission via email. More later...when I'm sure I'm not dreaming.
Poem: Far Gone
3 days ago
2 comments:
Out of curiosity, what journal was it? Congratulations on the acceptance, in any case.
And thank you also for the kind words about my database. :-)
Congratulations! That's fabulous news. But more importantly, good for you for being so assertive about sending your stuff out... I wish more of my friends were like that!
xo,
b
Post a Comment