I am so glad it's Friday. So glad there's only 3 hours left in my work day. So glad I get to see my sister tomorrow. So glad it's the weekend...almost.
Another beautiful day today. Wish I could play hookey.
I'm trying to write a poem that is also a suicide note (not for me, for my persona!), but as I'm drafting it, I realize, there's very little you can write in a suicide note that doesn't sound like you stole it from Forensic Files. I got this idea from an ex-boyfriend of mine who would always write these awful, melodramatic notes to me and to his mother after he drank too much. Of course, he would inevitably pass out before he finished. The best part was that since he wasn't a nerd like me, he didn't have notebooks all over his house, so instead, he would write them on the pages of address books, in the margins of the Akron Beacon Journal, on a paper bag from Burger King...and he'd leave them lying around so I'd find them the next morning. What a wacko. Is it any wonder why I'm single when these are the kinds of men I end up with???
Will anyone notice if I curl up underneath this desk and take a nap? I could really use a nap.
Poem: Far Gone
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment