An interesting way of re-visioning over at Peter's. CP talks about two sides of poetry, the first side consisting of music, imagination, and disorder; the second side: form, story, order. He claims, if you balance both sides, your poem's working. Well, I think we all know that I'm doing fine on the form, story, order side of things. Just sometimes I don't get the imagination and music like I want. I'm trying to work on this. I'm trying to find other revision ideas/strategies until I find one that clicks with me, because nothing has just yet.

This makes me think about place, about calling a place "home." I've never lived anywhere but here. I've never been more than an hour from Mom and Dad and my hometown. When I was in high school, I desperately wanted to get out. But that desire has faded over the years and I deeply love this little corner of the world that I occupy. But what else is there? Am I missing something by not leaving the proverbial nest? As I think about PhDs, I think a lot about location. Climate. Population density. Cost of living. Comfort. How on earth do you choose?
No comments:
Post a Comment