Sunday, August 26, 2007

The First Day of School

That's me getting on the bus for my first day of kindergarten. That was a long, long time ago (says the 26-year-old). It feels like a long long time ago to me, okay. The bus driver is Marge. She was my older sisters' bus driver in the late seventies and my bus driver for all of my days at Cloverleaf local schools. I wonder if she's still driving now. Carla and I were the only kids allowed to call her Marge--the others had to call her Mrs. K. That made me feel very special.

I'm getting a little nervous for school to start tomorrow. I'm always anxious about meeting my new students. I think in a comp class the first day sets the tone for the semester (maybe in all classes, but since I only teach comp...) and I'm hoping all goes smoothly.
Today I'll be finalizing my class plans, going to the grocery store, organizing my school supplies, and tearing my room apart hoping that I somehow overlooked the loan check. I'm hoping to feel really stupid when I find it sitting on top of the TV or something ridiculous like that.
Oh, and fall submissions. I need to get to work on those.

1 comment:

mydisguises said...

oh, that is a sweet picture. makes me want a child to send off to school (and never return, muah-ha-ha!).