Well. I don't really have anything academic or poetic to post about today, but I hate to leave my blog un-updated for so long, so I figured I'd check in. I'm leaving for Virginia tomorrow but having a hard time getting focused on taking care of all the housekeeping crap I should do before I leave. I have lots of laundry and cleaning to do and I'm supposed to be getting my oil changed at some point, but it's 11 and I'm still in my pjs.
My excuse? I've been running non stop since I started working back in May. This week is the first somewhat unscheduled time I've had and all I want to do is watch tv and eat nachos. Not a good idea.
I'm working my way through "The Wasteland" per everyone's suggestion that I should start my reading list there. I've read it through once and now I'm on Eliot's notes. Then I'll go back and start over. I love self-assigned homework. When I finish compiling my list, I'll post it here, see if anyone has any suggestions. Of course, we all know I won't ever catch up, but maybe that list can become something on the "things to do before I die" list. Other things on the list? Visit all 50 states, go to Europe, sky dive, learn to surf, quit smoking... I've never really written this list, of course. It's just in my head. And changes depending on my mood. It's not much of a list, now is it?
I really, really want a puppy. At least I'll get to play with my sister's puppy, Niobi, while I'm in Virginia.
Poem: Far Gone
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment