The files still aren't done. Why? Dinner party last night with some Bisbee-ers (dinner party? When did I get old enough to go to one of those?) in Cleveland Heights. (If you're reading this, thanks Jessica & Michael!)
Then, today, I went to Westfield to help my best friend since fifth grade paint her father's house. Her parents are in the middle of a divorce, so he bought a duplex and has been busy fixing it up before his new tenant moves in on the 1st. The painting and hanging out with L. was fun, but it made me very sad. I've known this family for what seems like forever, and growing up, L. was my only friend with married parents. I thought we were the lucky ones, the odd-balls who had an actual traditional nuclear family. I didn't think people got divorced after 30 some years of marriage (at least not the people I know). My bubble has been burst. Thank God my mother is Catholic and doesn't believe in divorce!! I'll never have to be in L's shoes. (Not that my parents are unhappy with each other, I'm not implying that!)
After painting, I came home and took a long nap. At one point, I thought my nephew was trying to wake me up, but it turns out he wasn't home. I've been having very vivid dreams lately; all five senses aware (definitely, definitely in color), feeling somewhat in control of what's happening (or at least what I'm doing), then waking up out of breath and remembering, which is odd since most days if you ask me what I dream about, I'd say nothing. I don't know what's going on, but I'm not complaining. Dreams are cool.
the anxieties of blue skies
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment