Monday, August 13, 2007

Who's gonna drive you home?

Well, I'm back from the commonwealth. Of Virginia, that is. This is me following the Walmart trucker into Ohio:

In my mind, I was taking a picture of the "Welcome to Ohio" sign, but I was too far away. This leads nicely into my next section...

What I learned on my trip:

  • Trying to take photographs while driving at speeds that may or may not be above the posted limit is a practice in stupidity and recklessness.
  • UVA is in Charlottesville, not Richmond (I'm not sure why I thought it was in Richmond, but that doesn't really matter, now, does it?)
  • It is not only hotter in Virginia than in Arizona, but the bugs are scarier too.
  • I'm sure I learned something else, but right now, I don't know what.

What I brought home:

  • Driver's tan. I tried to take a picture, but it is impossible to photograph both of your own arms without smooshing your boobs together and that picture doesn't belong here.
  • Fun binder clips and a mini stapler
What was waiting for me in the mailbox: (not pictured - Kim Addonizio's what is this thing called love)

What I'll miss the most:


puppy love




big sister
*
Amy wrote about her sister visit this week too. Carla sometimes doesn't remember things that I do, but for her birthday, I gave her The Little Engine that Could and season one of The Muppet Show and she remembered those.
*
Confession: I *heart* listening to Celine Dion while I drive. That's embarrasing, isn't it?


No comments: