It's official. I've lost my mind.
*
I feel so guilty about being behind on my grading. That's one thing I usually am always on top of...primarily because procrastinating increases the pain. It's easier to slug my way through one set of journals or papers than to creep through 3 weeks worth. But I told my students I'd get the papers back to them this week. I've graded 6 out of 20 so far. And I can't look at another right now.
*
Time to start working on those PhD and fellowship apps. I've got all my recommenders nailed down, and now I need to get them the info they need. I should be doing that now, not blogging.
*
I am obsessed with this song:
*
Tonight, I'll be going to KSU to hear Anna Leahy and Alberto Rios read for the Wick Poetry Center. I haven't been to a reading of someone whose work I don't know lately, so I'm looking forward to it.
*
I've decided I like Moonlight. I'm still up in the air about the new season of Grey's Anatomy.
It's disturbing that I still make time to watch TV considering all the other things I could/should be doing. It's a sickness, really.
*
I'm going Goth for Halloween. I bought a wig, black nail polish, black lipstick, fishnets... I haven't had a good costume for a few years, so I'm psyched.
*
Hey Winter Wheat-ers! You should help me celebrate my thesis defense. More later.
the anxieties of blue skies
1 week ago
3 comments:
Hey, in Seattle that wouldn't be a costume - it would be fitting in with the crowd! LOL.
Congrats on knocking out that GRE by the way. Way to go!
looking forward to the goth-cost! there's a party at a club down the street where that would fit in nicely--you should check that out, too!
I love this song too. It is so hard to find well preformed/well WRITTEN/ songs these days. When you come across one, you just want to sing along, or watch, or feel good about the world ;)
Post a Comment