What I learned today: In Denmark, some people study the art of making pretty little open faced sandwiches. I don't know the Danish word for these people, but I do know the literal translation to English is "cold virgin." Somehow, the word for jack hammer also translates to "cold virgin." Go figure.
Last night was the last meeting of CP's workshop. Today was the last meeting of the Bisbee faction. I have a portfolio due Monday and a thesis meeting Tuesday. Otherwise, I'm back on summer vacation.
This weekend I will be:
- finishing said portfolio
- ordering $134 worth of books from Amazon (god bless coinstar)
- writing thank you notes
- integrating my new poems into my thesis
- going to the Medina County Fair with my family
- going with Mary to see John Gallaher, Kevin Prufer, and Wayne Miller read
- paying bills, cleaning, laundry, and other various household chores I've been ignoring for the past 3 weeks
Next week, I'll be driving down to VA to visit my sister. I asked her if we could go to the beach. Maybe I'll talk her into driving to UVA instead so I can imagine myself in the PhD program there. They don't have a creative dissertation, though, so I'm not sure how I feel about it.
4 comments:
John Gallaher was our judge and visiting poet at my college's annual Lester M. Wolfson awards ceremony this past year. He was great. I really enjoyed his visit.
Busy busy. Here's to avoiding summer's voids.
UVa is beautiful. I grew up there. But I'm not so sure if I'd go for their program . . . Though I guess it's changed a lot since I was thinking of such things . . .
Nin, you've gotten me quite curious. Something I should know?
Post a Comment