Monday, August 27, 2007

Spaz

My students must think I'm nuts. I was a clumsy, fast talking spaz in class today. Don't worry, I'll make up for it on Wednesday.
*
Remember how I said I was okay with being single but sometimes I get bitter? There are way too many cute guys running around.
*
I decided for my new-school-year resolution that I'm going to start working out. But I couldn't make myself go to the gym, so I walked around the gorge metropark today. It was muggy.
*
My mom and dad are going on a road trip in September. They're planning to be gone all month. I'm going to miss them alotly, but I'm kind of glad because I'm going to be sooo busy that I wouldn't have time to drive out there anyway.
*

Laptop: always on, always online. Excel generated schedule with color coded time blocks. Calendar. Scissors. Generic MP3 player. Bowl o' binder clips. Pictures of Dad, Mom, great nephew Philip. Various office supplies. Important papers, including class plans, list of PhDs to research, and lit mags to submit to. On the wall to the left, a little sign that says "Future Award Winning Author At Work." I did not buy this for myself; it was a graduation gift from Carla.
*
That's all. Homework time.

4 comments:

Adam Deutsch said...

You always keep those blinds closed so tight? A little sun never hurt nobody, is all.

mydisguises said...

i like your desk picture! and i love that you color-code your excel sheets. i'd like to see hard copies of those.

marybid said...

"I was a clumsy, fast talking spaz in class today."

Oh dear. I didn't want you to learn *that* from me with the teaching internship. I'm sorry! ;)

Sara said...

Adam, I love the sun, but I feel kind of exposed when the blinds are open, so sadly, they're usually closed. (I do spend a lot of time on the back porch, though.

Kelly, I'll try to remember to bring my spreadsheets to class next time!

Mary, I've always been a clumsy, fast talking spaz. It's not your fault!